Posted on behalf of the IDC Machining Science
We currently have the following 4-year fully-funded Ph.D. and Eng.D. projects open for applications.
– Industrial Robotics for Advanced Machining (sponsored by BAE Systems, aligned with IDC)
– Machining distortion analysis and control during hybrid machining processes (sponsored by AMRC)
– Providing novel experimental methods to improve commercialisation of cutting fluids to aerospace manufacturing markets (sponsored by Hangsterfer’s Labs and EPSRC)
– Intelligent Machining (sponsored by AMRC with Boeing)
– Simulation of Machining-Induced Surface Damage in Metal Cutting (sponsored by AMRC with Boeing)
– Cryogenic and CO2 Coolants during machining of next-generation aircraft grade materials (sponsored by AMRC with Boeing)
– Distortion Management during High-Tolerance Piston Manufacture (sponsored by UTAS)
– Developing Novel and Flexible Gear Machining Methodologies (sponsored by UTAS)
– Process monitoring during grinding of novel aerospace grade materials (sponsored by Rolls-Royce)
Please note, that due to EPSRC funding regulations, we are only able to accept applications from UK and EU applicants. To check our entry requirements, please click here.
To apply for one of these projects, please click here.
If you have any further questions or would like to have an informal chat about one of the projects, please email Pete Crawforth at firstname.lastname@example.org