Posted on behalf of Bosch Lawn and Garden
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Bosch Home and Garden is an innovative, customer driven and rapidly growing business worldwide. Our market leading premium products such as our robotics lawnmower are renowned for advances in user experience that makes effortless gardening a reality. We are world leaders in bringing game changing, environmentally friendly products to the market, specialising in robotic and cordless technology.
We have a number of Robotic Systems Internships, commencing in the summer of 2018 here in Stowmarket, Suffolk. Supporting development activities, this role will be an ideal opportunity for you to put your theoretical knowledge into practice and to gain experience in robotic systems engineering with its high technical complexity. With a large, active and diverse student community, Bosch Lawn and Garden is the right choice for you!
Your contribution to something big
- Developing and evaluating new system concepts for robotic lawnmowers
- Research on the state of the art
- Development of the electronics design and selection of parts
- Prototypical build of electronics
- Prototypical development of embedded software for evaluation
- Interaction with the mechanical team for mechanical prototypes
- Execution of tests and their documentation and evaluation
What distringuishes you
- A penultimate year student studying towards a Computer Science, Electrical or Mechatronics degree with the opportunity for a 6 or 12 month placement, aiming towards a 2:1 or above
- We may also consider a recent graduate at Bachelors, Masters or PhD level
- Knowledge and experience in prototyping of electronics
- Knowledge and ideally some experience in the area of embedded software development (C/C++)
- Good knowledge of Matlab
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to Stacey Mottershaw no later than midday on Monday 14th May 2018.