John Deere are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer / Senior Design Engineer to be based at the Mexico Engineering Center in Monterrey, Mexico.
The engineer will be creating dynamic systems models and will interact with different design teams in order to get the specifications. They will provide feedback for design direction based on the simulation results.
They must also develop and provide guidance to new engineers and must make proposals to improve or create new tools or processes for dynamic simulation.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Create dynamic system models to develop new concepts and verify different design alternatives.
- Identify relevant information to present for each project.
- Present simulation results to design teams and management and facilitate design direction selection supported with the simulation results.
- Collaborate with various engineering groups to design plants for software design and PV&V.
- Follow the best practices and enterprise design guidelines for creating the dynamic models.
- Have the expertise on at least one main simulation area (electrical, mechanical, hydraulics).
- Act as subject matter expert and application expert as it pertains to the assignment.
- Coach, mentor and train new engineers.
- Lead complex projects and provide guidance to other engineers working in the same project.
- Create complex vehicle dynamics (electrical, mechanical, hydraulics and power systems) to understand the dynamics behavior and the relationships.
- Create models using co-simulation tools.
- Develop new processes, software, templates and/or methods for Dynamic Systems Modeling in order to automate the design process. Document and implement those processes and methods.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Experience with Mathworks tools: Matlab, Simulink, Simscape and Stateflow.
- Systems engineering background to understand plant functionality.
- Understanding of embedded software interactions with plants and physical subsystems (MIL).
- General understanding of electrical, electronic, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Strong experience on dynamic system modeling.
- Knowledge on control system design, modeling and simulation.
- Knowledge of agricultural machinery or similar off-road machines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong English skills, speaking and writing.
- Strong drive by results.
- Proactive and team work.
- Familiar with PDM/Windchill.
- Skill in using John Deere information systems and processes.
- 3+ years of work experience in the development of dynamic system models.
- 3+ Experience with Mathworks tools: Simscape (SimHydraulics, SimMechanics, etc), system identification, signal processing, controls, etc.
- Strong decision making.
- Proven experience managing projects.
- Broad understanding of John Deere products.
Desired Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Experience in the development of control systems and simulation modeling contributing to the model based design process.
- Knowledge of Model Based Software Development.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV to Manuel Giacoman – GiacomanManuel@johndeere.com