As an international leader in electronic security devices, Texecom products protect people and property around the world. Established in 1986, Texecom’s award-winning products cover every aspect of external and internal security requirements. This includes a full range of motion detectors, control panels, perimeter protection devices, fire detectors, external sounders and wireless peripherals.
Texecom’s security systems provide connectivity options that transform the ownership experience and add value every day. Texecom Connect, Texecom’s new connectivity platform, opens a new world of possibilities for professional security equipment, delivering a comprehensive suite of security solutions for connected homes and buildings.
Texecom is a Halma Company. Halma makes products for hazard detection and life protection and is a market leader in specialist electronic, safety and environmental technologies.
The successful candidate will play a key role in investigating new technologies and developing our next generation of products, while at the same time supporting and improving our existing products.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities may include:
* Generating innovative product concepts and solutions.
* Investigate new technologies relevant to Texecom products.
* Electrical design from concept through to production.
* Schematic capture, simulation, PCB layout.
* Embedded software development.
* Design validation testing including internal and external EMC tests.
* Participation in field evaluations.
* Specification and development of production test equipment.
* Support and maintenance of current products.
Key skills and attributes
The candidate will have:
* Recently completed a degree in electronic engineering or similar.
* A real passion for designing, building and testing electronic circuits.
* The drive and ambition to continuously develop their skills.
* The ability to understand the operation of PCBs from schematics.
* Have an analytical approach to problem solving.
* The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
If the candidate has some of the following it would be considered an advantage:
* Experience with infra-red detection systems, RF Design, networking and cloud solutions.
* PCB layout.
* Experience with mechanical design.
This is an exciting opportunity for a pro-active and highly motivated individual who is driven, ambitious and can make a make a positive impact to the future of Texecom.
* Competitive salary.
* Contributory pension.
* Flexible working hours.
* Opportunities for some international travel.
Why work at Texecom?
As a rapidly growing international business, pursuing several demanding and evolving strategies, there are many career development opportunities at Texecom for high performing employees’ right across the business. At Texecom we value independence, determination, proactivity and tremendous drive, so we are looking for individuals who can demonstrate achievement of exceptional results with the potential to contribute even more. We are ambitious in our goals so we need to ensure that we employ people with the talent and ambition to help.In return we offer an environment where individuals can make a huge difference and readily gain the rewards and recognition that this deserves.
Texecom is part of the Halma group (www.halma.com). Within Halma there are additional exciting and challenging opportunities for high performing and ambitious people.
How should you apply:
Please apply in writing/email. Your letter should include:
• Why you would like this role
• What your personal qualities, attitudes and behaviors are
• What you can bring to the role
• How you like this role can add value to the Texecom business
Please add a current CV. Should you be selected for the interview you may be required to complete some simple on-line personality assessments. If you have any questions about the role please email Peter Alexander in the email address below and he will be happy to help.
Please send your application to email@example.com.