Posted on behalf of network2learn
We are expecting to be able to offer a significant number of paid school based internships for undergraduates studying maths, physics, engineering and related subjects in June/July 2018. The internship aims to develop communication, interpersonal, planning and organisational skills and to provide experience of teaching maths and/or physics in excellent schools.
- Each internship will last for 4 weeks and participating undergraduates will be paid £1200 (£300 per week).
- Even if you do not intend to become a teacher, the programme offers much to all undergraduates in terms of developing communication, organisation and planning skills that will be beneficial for many careers as well as enhancing your CV.
- The programme will provide training, support from a school based mentor and careers advice for students who want to know more about a career in teaching. We are able to offer guaranteed interviews and advice on how to access tax free bursaries, scholarships and early career payments of up to £30K for those who do want to become teachers.
- Internships are likely to be available in a wide range of locations across England.
- The programme is for students in their penultimate year of study i.e. those graduating in the summer of 2019.
To apply, complete the online expression of interest form here:
We will contact students who express interest with further details.