A leading company in Stoke on Trent that designs, manufactures and supplies twin screw extrusion machines is looking to recruit a Graduate Controls Engineer to join its growing business. You will receive a pension, training and development.
Established in 2002, this company has become world leaders in the design and manufacture of twin screw extruders; over the next 3 years’ turnover is expecting to double, along with having their sights on a new purpose built assembly and manufacturing facility.
As a Graduate Controls Engineer you will be responsible for completing the following tasks;
- Design and implement PLC and HMI Software to Control XTS extrusion machines
- Create detailed electrical specifications and schematics
- Produce specifications and liaise with Sub-Contractors on control panel builds
- Provide technical support to company Service Engineers
- Pre-delivery testing and commissioning new machinery
- Troubleshooting on software, PLC controls and HMI systems
- Supporting in machine commissioning and start-ups
- Create and maintaining documentation of systems
- Supporting Senior Design Engineer to maintain drawing control
- Liaison and supporting projects, sales and assembly teams
- Creating document templates for engineering departments
To be a successful Graduate Controls Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- Siemens and Portal Software experience
- PLC and HMI Programming experience
- Siemens PLC Controls experience
- Electrical design experience / electrical schematics
- Electrical / controls engineering qualification (Degree, Masters, HNC, HND)
- MS Office and Adobe Acrobat Software
- Flexibility to travel, you may be required to visit customer sites worldwide
This position is easily commutable from Stoke on Trent, Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Leek, Stafford, Crewe, Market Drayton, Cannock, Uttoxeter, Macclesfield and Cheadle.
You will be working Monday – Friday (8:30 – 5pm).
In return, you will receive a salary of £23,000 – £30,000 per annum, along with continuous training and development. You can except to receive pay increases as your develop your skills and experience within the business.
To apply, send your CV to Tom Tisdell at Micron Recruitment: Tom@micronrecruitment.co.uk, or submit your CV via the Micron Recruitment website.
The application deadline is Friday 28th July 2017.
Please note: applicants must have right to work in the UK (EU citizens are welcome to apply).