Primetals Technologies Limited, headquartered in London, is a worldwide leading engineering, plant-building and lifecycle partner for the metals industry. The company offers a complete technology, product and service portfolio that includes the integrated electrics, automation and environmental solutions. This covers every step of the iron and steel production chain that extends from the raw materials to the finished product – in addition to the latest rolling solutions for the nonferrous metals sector.
Primetals Technologies is a joint venture of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) and Siemens. Mitsubishi-Hitachi Metals Machinery (MHMM) – an MHI consolidated group company with equity participation by Hitachi, Ltd. and IHI Corporation – holds a 51% stake and Siemens a 49% stake in the company. The company employs around 9,000 employees worldwide.
Design, test and commissioning of Electrical & Automation systems for UK products and projects.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical support on pre-sales activities
- Preparation of technical specifications and design documentation
- Attending client review meetings
- Responsibility for design, test, installation and commissioning of full E&A scope or sub-systems
- Ability to work individually or part of a multi-disciplined team
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good PLC systems and instrumentation hardware knowledge
- Good knowledge of a graphical PLC software language
- Good knowledge of closed loop control software and PID theory
- Good knowledge of Hardware design principles for electrical and PLC system
- Knowledge of Siemens S7400 PLC’s
- Knowledge of PCS7 or similar Function block programming language
- Knowledge of rolling theory including AGC/AFC systems
- Knowledge of drives
- C++ programming
- EPLAN 8
- Engineering Degree or HNC with significant industrial experience