KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER PARTNERSHIPS (KTP)
KTPs are a unique UK-wide activity that help businesses to improve their competitiveness and productivity by making better use of the knowledge, technology and skills within universities, colleges and research organisations.
The University of Essex in partnership with Poulten, Selfe and Lee (PSL) offers an exciting opportunity to a suitably qualified graduate to develop a market leading robotic operated sample preparation and delivery system to an automated viscometer for petroleum, cellulose and other polymer samples – to increase delivery speed, quality and increase throughput. This post is fixed term for 3 years and is based at the Poulten, Selfe and Lee’s offices in Burnham-on-Crouch.
The post holder must have:
* BSc (Hons) Robotics / Control Engineering / Computer Science or related discipline.
* Knowledge and experience of mechatronics.
* Knowledge and experience of C or C++ Programming.
* Strong understanding of embedded system communication protocols such as SPI, * UART, RS485 and I2C.
* Analog Signal Processing and Control Systems using PID Techniques are required
* Knowledge of embedded systems.