This semester you have the chance to be mentored by a Sheffield Graduate- discover what career options are available to you by talking to someone actually doing the job!
A mentor can offer you:
- Insight into their job, the skills required and the challenges they face
- Advice on how to gain and present relevant experiences to employers
- Support with CVs , interview tips, networking and getting ‘work ready’
About the scheme:
- Typically one exchange per week with your mentor , for 8-10 weeks
- Communication by email, Skype or phone
- Use it for your HEAR and the Sheffield Graduate Award
“My mentor is one of the most inspiring people I have met… he has been very engaging and supportive… and helped me to plan my future and gave me informative insight into the sector.” – History student, 2016
My mentor gave me a plethora of advice and information about the job application process and helped thoroughly with my CV. She went out of her way each week and I wasn’t afraid to ask for her help or ask detailed questions” – English student, 2016
“My mentor gave me a really in depth picture of how he has progressed through the industry. He gave invaluable amounts of advice on how to succeed at UG level, manage time and stand out from the crowd” – Architecture student 2016
“Through him being kind, patient and encouraging, I gained confidence and I now feel more prepared for job applications, internship applications and interviews. I wouldn’t have felt this confident if I hadn’t had the support from my mentor.” – Chemistry student, 2016
Places are limited on this popular scheme! Applications are open until 24th February.