The Careers Service runs two complementary ‘How to Succeed at’ online courses through the FutureLearn platform. These two free courses offer practical learning and advice to create the perfect CV, personal statement or application and succeed at your next interview.
The courses run for 3 weeks, several times throughout the year. You can register your interest and join a course from it’s start date. Once the course begins you can complete it at a time that suits you, even after the course has finished running.
Starting 24th October 2016
Produce a perfect CV, application and online profile when applying for a job or course.
- Analyse a job advert or course description
- Example CV’s and covering letters
- Improve your digital footprint
- Answering application form questions
Starting 14th November 2016
Provides the tools you need to succeed at interviews and land your dream job or course place.
- Prepare for different types of interviews
- Research an organisation
- What to wear
- Answering commonly asked questions.