Cytora generates real time data to help companies identify and manage risks to their assets, supply chain, and operations. Our technology stack transforms billions of web-based information sources into structured, factual data.
We are hiring data scientists to join our Knowledge Engineering team. Our team build capabilities to detect relevant and insightful data for our clients, who are domain experts with complex methodologies for identifying risk. Our data scientists lead client interviews and leverage advanced machine learning techniques to achieve this goal.
As a member of the knowledge engineering team, your day-to-day work will range from brainstorming high-level problems with a client to getting your hands dirty with data in a Jupyter notebook. The diverse responsibilities of a knowledge engineer are driven by two principal objectives:
Understanding our clients’ problems through on-site interviews and discussions
Finding solutions to these problems with established and novel machine learning/artificial intelligence techniques.
Who we’re looking for
The role is versatile in nature, so we hire technical people who learn fast. Knowledge Engineers must be able to think quickly, communicate clearly and exercise pragmatic decision making.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Experience in Python or another scripting language.
- Exceptional abstract problem solving and communication skills.
- A quantitative background, with an understanding of basic statistics and linear algebra.
- Experience in machine learning or natural language processing is preferred. (If you lack this, we can train you on the job)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- 20% time — every Tuesday our engineers work on exploratory projects of their choice.
- Learning through knowledge-sharing activities, such as our AI reading group, study sessions and regular talks by the engineering team.
- Experience working at a high-growth startup funded by some of the UK’s top investors.
- Social events and company holidays.
To apply, please email your CV, covering letter and a code example to firstname.lastname@example.org