Next semester you have the chance to be mentored by a Sheffield Graduate- discover what career options are available to you by talking to someone actually doing the job!
A mentor can offer you:
- Insight into their job, the skills required and the challenges they face
- Advice on how to gain and present relevant experiences to employers
- Support with CVs , interview tips, networking and getting ‘work ready’
About the scheme:
- Typically one exchange per week with your mentor , for 7-10 weeks
- Communication by email, Skype or phone
- Use it for your HEAR and the Sheffield Graduate Award
“My mentor has been fantastic both on the views of the industry as well as CV skills and applying for placement. She literally could not be more helpful.” Naomi Frazer, Mechanical Engineering
“I’m so grateful to my alumni mentor for giving up her time for me. Alumni can act as a support network for undergraduates who might not always have one” Marianne Thurgood, English Language and Linguistics
“Fantastic mentor – gave great advice and was willing to help across a range of career topics.” Katherine Howatson, Geography
“My mentor was very helpful in telling me about the sector he works in and providing me with advice for when I apply for jobs next year.” Sarah Percival, MBB
Places are limited on this popular scheme; register your interest now to avoid disappointment! All registered students will receive an email when applications open on 9th February.